Above Ground Pool Ladder Lock

tom727

Feb 8, 2010
We just installed a Splash Superpool (bag-type pool) :whoot: which requires a special ladder due to the taper of the membrane. The ladder does not have a latching/locking mechanism and state code requires one :roll: . Does anyone out there know where I can buy an after-market/universal locking mechanism that I can install on my ladder? I know a small lock with a chain accomplishes the same thing, but the state building code states "latching/locking" so I feel that it is requiring a combination unit (at any rate, having what the code calls for word for word will help me keep the building inspector in check). I'd need a unit that will latch when the ladder is swung into place, and then either locks automatically or has an integral mechanism to be locked with a padlock. I can't call the local building inspector because he's operating under the 6th edition of the building code (which did not allow this option), and the 7th edition is currently in effect (which does allow this option).

If you know of a manufacturer for something that'll fit this requirement, OR you were able to create something like this yourself, I'd appreciate whatever information you can give me.

Thanks

I would think you could retro fit your swing up ladder with the unit he has the link to. We had a swing up ladder with the lock setup before we put the deck in and I'm telling you it really isn't that much different than what is shown there. Some of them are actually kind of cheesy and not hard to break - that unit would be better than many of the factory installed setups. JMHO

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.