Goldline AquaRite 40K vs 20K

DBergeron

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 25, 2010
SW Louisiana
I found an online seller that appears to have a great price on the 20K system with a 15-cell, which is the largest they make. Their 40K system also comes with the 15-cell; however, there is a $150 price difference.

So what wouldn't the smaller controller have that the larger would? My pool is only approximately 15K gallons, and I've read that I want to oversize my SWG. But obviously, I want to use my money wisely! If they both come with the larger 15-cell, why should I invest the extra $150? It's the cell that's creates the chlorine, correct?

Thank you for your time and assistance!
-Dennis

it's also the power that you apply to the cell, that matters

however if different power supplies are used to drive the same cell, most likely you won't get more life out of it, so it's kinda pointless getting larger unit. the only benefit you will get - ability to increase chlorine production (at the expense of cell life)

As far as I have seen, the controllers are the same on the standard Aqua Rite systems and the cell is the only difference between the 20K and 40K units, BUT are you sure one isn't an Aqua Rite Plus or another version? One of them may be the version with the timer built in or some other type of automation - the standard Aqua Rite Controller does not have a timer on it, you hard wire it to your timer system.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.