some pics I wanted you to see

Here are some pics I dug up today, and wanted to share, while I was looking at some landscape options.
27' with resin top rail.
I wish I would have taken off the solar cover for the pics :hammer:
I will get my specs for my sig as soon as my test kit comes in. I was expecting it today!

Attachments

• IMG_7033a.JPG
    IMG_7033a.JPG
    256.3 KB · Views: 2,556
  • IMG_7035a.JPG
    IMG_7035a.JPG
    322.1 KB · Views: 2,556
  • IMG_5650a.JPG
    IMG_5650a.JPG
    259.8 KB · Views: 2,556
Thanks for the kind words.
I would really like to get some underpinning of some kind going this summer.
I have never really liked the look of lattice, but will probably use it

As for jeeps I currently own a 97 sahara that I bought from original owner in 02,
I like jeeps and sold my scrambler (cj-8) last summer after owning it for 2 years,(don't ask why) That thing was pretty sweet (I also bought it from original owner).

We contemplated for a whole winter on the deck size and layout. It is nice to be able to get all the way around it. My sister has a 30' with deck on one side and she has a hard time with the cover.

Again thanks for the compliments! I hope my test kit comes in today!

Beautiful :goodjob:

Is that Trex or a similar plastic/wood material? We redid our steel pier and beam, elevated 30 x 30 deck with Trex (all attachment to metal underneath so nothing showing), purchased the first year it was available for the consumer. It has been a dream!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The first productions were not as evenly colored as they are today, which is great for our rustic environment. I've only cleaned it about three times in about 10 years. There are a lot of messy trees all around it that "spit" a lot and it's never stained the Trex although it does stain cheaper fabric umbrellas (but not Sunbrella). The 200+ lb dogs don't leave "blast off" scratches any worse than they do on hard woods. If one has to have it perfect, small scratches can be lightly sanded out. The only staining I've had is rust from chairs or metal bases, re., goat milking stand (used for washing dogs, setting feeder on when filling, potting, etc.) metal umbrella bases, metal chairs, etc. They come out readily.

:cheers: gg=alice

This is from Lowes, choicedek I believe. I didn't check until I had quite alot of it down to see if the lot numbers matched.
They didn't, you can tell if your looking for it. It probably bothers me most. I got it for $18.85 for a 16' board , that was from the $21.00 listed price at that time. We felt like that was a good deal at the time. And we still feel like we did the right thing by going with it.

Note to others: If purchasing more than one bundle of composite decking MAKE SURE the lot numbers match!

jeepdad said:
As for jeeps I currently own a 97 sahara that I bought from original owner in 02,
I like jeeps and sold my scrambler (cj-8) last summer after owning it for 2 years,(don't ask why) That thing was pretty sweet (I also bought it from original owner).

!

Very cool :cool: Some day I would like to have an 8.

Here's a pic of one of mine (I have another one that I am fixing up for Mama, but it is very much a work in progress still!).

Attachments

• Jeepster 001 - Copy.JPG
    Jeepster 001 - Copy.JPG
    169.4 KB · Views: 2,314
Very nice is that a commando. I love those wheels too, classic lock 2's right. Yeah I will have an 8 again I just can't restore anything right now and needed the space. I am actually thinking that a 03-05 unlimited would be a good one to buy within the next 5 years. The production numbers were about the same as the 8, plus you've got coil springs and fuel injection :goodjob:

Nice Jeep thanks for posting

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
That one is a Jeepster. It's a '68, true convertible. They made 422 of that particular model that year. I'm working on a half cab (they made less of those!) for my wife. The half cab will have a TBI engine (like I have in the convertible), but will probably be leafs still. Coil springs would be nice though!

Just another disease, like these swimming pools :-D

I love that Jeep!!!! I owned a 2000 TJ and we traded it in on a boat. I miss my Jeep alot! As soon as I get my current vehicle paid for, I am going to get another 2000. I want a straight 6 in it though. Don't want the new motor. Love it. Be sure and post a pic of the other one too. I will never own a rare one like this but I do enjoy being a part of the "Jeep Thing" :party:

jmack1159 said:
I love that Jeep!!!! I owned a 2000 TJ and we traded it in on a boat. I miss my Jeep alot! As soon as I get my current vehicle paid for, I am going to get another 2000. I want a straight 6 in it though. Don't want the new motor. Love it. Be sure and post a pic of the other one too. I will never own a rare one like this but I do enjoy being a part of the "Jeep Thing" :party:

I really think that the TJ is going to be the best all around jeep to have because The wranglers they are producing now, while nice, I think are a little too big, and the older CJ while nostalgic aren't as nice as the TJ. IF I had a choice it would be a 04-06 unlimited rubicon 6 spd in khaki. Everybody likes different things but the jeep thing is different. After owning a scrambler I would own one again just because of the enjoyment and rarity of a collectible jeep.

jmack1159 said:

I bought that Jeep from a buddies Dad about 25 years ago; it looked nothing like it does now! I actually sold my boat to fix the Jeep up! I had a 2000 Wrangler also :cool: The Jeep Thing is definitely a disease!

You asked, so I'm gonna post a pic of the Half Cab! This is a shot of when I picked it up a couple months ago in Northern California (and it doesn't look much different now!). Ya think I got my work cut out for me??!

Attachments

• Jeepster,truck bed 008.JPG
    Jeepster,truck bed 008.JPG
    233.7 KB · Views: 2,221
simicrintz said:
jeepdad said:

!

Very cool :cool: Some day I would like to have an 8.

Here's a pic of one of mine (I have another one that I am fixing up for Mama, but it is very much a work in progress still!).

Sweet. Looks like fun.

Uncle Dave

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.