20 year old pool renovation

Jul 11, 2018
Lancaster, PA
Hello all. I am looking to renovate my 20 year old pool and the contractor recommended replacing all pvc lines back to the pumps while concrete is up. Should I also at that time replace my 20 year old skimmer boxes? No leaks but I also have no doors on the skimmer so when the pump shuts off everything floats back out. It’s irritating.

Not sure of the cost with this yet but thinking it may be a good idea. What do you all think?

Welcome to TFP.

What size PVC lines do you have now and what type? Post some pics of what is visible by the equipment pad.

PVC is inexpensive. If you have the concrete up and equipment in to dig it should not be a big job and makes sense.

Show us your skimmer boxes also. But if you have no weir doors then replacing them makes sense.

Thanks for the response. I have 2 inch from my spa but 1 1/2 for everything else. Pump is currently 1hp. Pool is 22k gallons.

Makes sense to me to just replace piping and skimmer boxes.

Attachments

• 3E4655C9-9CBC-49A7-9588-2BB93F3A95E8.jpeg
    3E4655C9-9CBC-49A7-9588-2BB93F3A95E8.jpeg
    728.2 KB · Views: 37
Your PVC does not look bad at all. It can probably go another 20 years. See how much they say replacement is.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.