2" slope. Dealbreaker?

Multigrain

Jun 13, 2019
Portland
I'm waiting for my 10'x30" Intex metal frame (not the inflatable 10' pool) to arrive. The pool will only be used for 3 months then stored for the colder months. The pool will be on a concrete ground patio. Does anyone know how much slope this pool can take before it's a major problem?

1 inch is the industry standard leeway. Intex pools are fine pools, but they are inexpensive and built as such. 2 inches is far too much and can potentially cause a catastrophic failure. It contains 12,000 pounds of water, which is why the manual says in no less than 20 places that it must be completely level.

I'm going to go against the grain here. I wish my pool was only 2" off! It started out probably twice that and unfortunately the low end settled a little more after a few hard rains. We did zero research and didn't know what we were doing at all and just put a heavy duty tarp on the ground on the spot where we wanted it which appeared to our eyes to be level. Boy were we wrong! Ours is a 33" x 15' Summer Waves, and it doesn't look great but we've had zero actual problems with it even as out of level as it is, and it's been up almost a month. The filter is even on the high side of ours but somehow the water comes just high enough that it has plenty of flow into the skimmer basket. Since yours is even smaller than ours and on concrete my non-expert opinion is that you'll be fine. We realized (with the help of actual tools) that if we moved our pool over about 20 feet we'd be on ground about as level as yours if we did no work to level it more, and not far under the dirt there is old gravel where I suspect there may have been an above ground pool maybe 25 years ago and it's very compacted. We'll definitely do more prep and put it there next year and we've thought about draining it and moving it this year but are inclined to just keep using it and to not waste the water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.