2 leaks - how to fix?

The weird thing is the Intermatic 104P timer - the ON stop fell off. I found it loose a month ago and tightened it by hand. Today it was missing and I found it on the floor. I put it back on and used a pliers to tighten it. Anyone else have that problem?

I have had them slide before, I think they screw has a slight tip that wears down..YOu can buy replacements through amazon I believe

I had the same problem before I switched to automation. I think it's fairly common. Tighten with pliers definitely helps. Not sure why this happens as new ones seem to work pretty well just hand tightened. Maybe the switch requires more force to throw as it ages and this causes it to drag the stops?

This is a great reason to switch to automation. :laughblue: :laughblue:

• Love
Reactions: ralphsyv
Torque from the motor starting puts a lot of force on the pipes. And pressure changes also put some more strain on pipes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe one of these might fit?

Good news it's cheap so if your cut is 2" short toss it and start over..
My challenge is my brain doesn't look at a project and think "I need 3 90, 2 Tee and 10' of pipe" I grab a few of what I think and start piecing it together :) Usually after a few hours and a 2nd trip to Home depot I am done

Reactions: Chad1979
@markayash - thank you! I'm not sure about the union to attach to the pump. I want to make sure I have the right parts before I start cutting. Is it a standard pipe union?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

This should be correct.

Individual parts below.

Reactions: markayash

This should be correct.

Individual parts below.

Thanks, James. I checked in with them and that's what I'm going to order.

Reactions: JamesW
Nobody's mentioned it but that blue cement is not pvc cement. If you fix it use the correct stuff. HD/Lowes can show you how.
Unless its Oatey Rain R Shine which is bright blue PVC glue

From their website: "Oatey® PVC Rain-R-Shine Medium Bodied Fast Set Blue Cement is recommended for pool and spa, irrigation, potable water, pressure pipe, conduit and DWV applications. Formulated for quick pressurization and wet condition applications. Oatey products have earned the trust of plumbing professionals for over 100 years."

Reactions: markayash
Unless its Oatey Rain R Shine which is bright blue PVC glue

From their website: "Oatey® PVC Rain-R-Shine Medium Bodied Fast Set Blue Cement is recommended for pool and spa, irrigation, potable water, pressure pipe, conduit and DWV applications. Formulated for quick pressurization and wet condition applications. Oatey products have earned the trust of plumbing professionals for over 100 years."
I have used it outdoors and it works great

Reactions: milesvdustin
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.