2.3k In-Ground Spa with Full equipment pad

krusherkid

In The Industry
Sep 28, 2022
Delaware
One of our customers has an in ground spa with a full equipment pad (Pentair WhisperFlo 1/2 HP, Purex Triton Sand Filter, Raypak Avia Heater, Hayward Aquarite 15k Salt System, and an iAqualink automation panel.). There is also an auto cover and the spa is covered at all times when not in use. I am trying to calculate how long and on what percentage to run the SWG for. I've found the SWG Calculator on TFP by Matthew Moore, however with the spa being covered I do not know how to find the actual chlorine demand mathematically. Is there a way to do this? Do we just have to test the water every day to make sure it's at the right level? Customer is not a weekly service client.

Thanks,

Mike

That is a large swcg for that size pool. Covered to boot. Close monitoring of fc and cya will be needed with frequent adjustments. Spa owner needs to manage this.

Do we just have to test the water every day to make sure it's at the right level?

Yes, until the spa owner knows the chemistry and has the SWG dialed in across the seasons and usage.

Customer is not a weekly service client.

Someone needs to do it. Send your customer here and we will discuss it with him/her.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.