Lexington, Ky
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I am in my 1st SLAM and am having a hard time testing FC due to my Taylor kit only reading up to 10ppm. I have tried to half the test but don't feel I am getting a good read. Do you all have any suggestions of tests that read higher FC? I am supposed to be staying at 24ppm and can not verify that I am doing that. I am close but I don't know exactly!

Texas Splash

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 22, 2014
Texas, San Antonio/Marion, South-Central Area
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45 Plus
Welcome to TFP! :wave: Sounds like you have a K-2005 test kit and not the K-2006. You need the FAS-DPD powder & drops portion to perform FC testing at higher more accurate levels. That's a must.

Perraut

Jul 20, 2021
Lexington, Ky
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
I think I could have gotten some bad or old chlorine. This morning my FC was 12 and CC 14.1. I am supposed to be staying at 24 ppm and have added 8 gallons of 10% in the last 48 hours. Does anyone have any other suggestions besides getting different chlorine?

Perraut

Jul 20, 2021
Lexington, Ky
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
You are right Texas. This is actually from the local pool store and I thought what she said was not accurate but didn't want to correct her.

mknauss

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Bronze Supporter
May 3, 2014
Laughlin, NV
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
This is actually from the local pool store
No reason to post data from a pool store. We do not provide guidance based on them. Wait for your own test kit.

Thread Status
Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.