What did I just put in my pool?

It's just a flocculant so won't do any harm. A flocculant consolidates particles and settles them to the bottom of the pool where you can vacuum to waste. A clarifier also consolidates particles, but not enough to settle and instead gets caught in the filter so that it can be backwashed. Such products are normally not needed, but if regular shocking and circulation/filtration isn't clearing a pool, then these products can accelerate such clearing (at extra cost, of course).

I suspect it's highly toxic and will peel the skin off anyone who gets in the pool.

Who knows what's in it?

I did some serious searching and can't find an MSDS for that stuff. Chemtura will send you one if you email them, but their search feature doesn't work at the moment. Not very reassuring, if you ask me. What if a kid drinks some? Or the dog laps water out of the pool?

Why put something in the pool if you don't know what it will do? Would you ingest pills someone sold you without knowing what's in them? The time to ask is before you start pouring.
:hammer:

ivyleager said:
deadrabbit said:
Richard320 said:
Would you ingest pills someone sold you without knowing what's in them?

I wouldn't buy them unless I knew what was in them!! :-D

How I survived college is a miracle! :twisted:

This post was what we call on another forum...'a spew alert'...in other words, there's now coffee all over my computer screen...

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.