Stonescapes Mini-Pebble vs. Pebble Sheeen

Feb 25, 2010
Sacramento, CA
We are currently Building a pool in CA and are at the point of deciding on plaster. We can go with Stonescapes mini-pebble for 1000-1500 less than Pebble Sheen. Not much info out there on Stonescapes though. Does anyone have some thoughts on this product? Is it really that similar to the Pebble Sheen? It will go in a hot tub as well so it really needs to be smooth.
We like the Aqua Blue Pebble Sheen (and have seen it in person) but have been unable to look at any Stonescapes in person. Any pics out there of some of the lighter Stonescapes products?
Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Spend the extra on the PebbleSheen and don't look back! StoneScapes is sold at the pool supply houses and anybody can apply it (without any training :shock: ). No dealer support, no factory training, and no accountability when it is all said and done. PebbleTec certifies each installer (there are only 50 certified installers to install PebbleTec in the US), holds them accountable for installation practices and provides warranty support. Even experienced trowelers (and I know one who has been troweling for 50 years!) have a hard time troweling StoneScapes and many will refuse to work with it. It is a poor substitute to all the training and support you will get from a PebbleTec applicator, not to mention the product quality as it compares to P-Tec.

You've spent all the money to get the pool this far, please do not compromise that work by finishing it with an inferior product! I am not a PebbleTec rep or affiliate, and I have nothing to gain form you choosing P-Tec, but I am very familiar with the product and many of their installers. The little bit of money above the StoneScapes price is well worth it, and will pay off in the long run!

Tugsie77 said:
I'm new here, who is that? :-D

Welcome to the 'page :goodjob: As you'll learn, I'm just a guy with some very real opinions about certain products that I have been able to be exposed to over the last 15 years or so! I enjoy trying to help, and I hate poor quality anything!

THANK YOU!!!

I was just about to sign the contract (today) with the installer for the Stonescape finish for our pool. I decided to do a little more research since we've narrowed it down to Stonescape vs. PebbleSheen. Thanks to resources like this and a MUCH appreciated comment posted here from "simicrintz" - we've changed our mind back to the original plan to do PebbleSheen. :goodjob:

We'll post the outcome soon!

Thanks again. :cheers:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.