Crazy I dea I had

edbson

Jun 25, 2007
Ok, so I was bored. We had upwards of 9 inches of rain on Saturday and the pool was FILTHY. Leaves, small branches etc. I was in the pool cleaning the leaves and branches when I had an idea....
I backwashed the DE out of the filter, Attatched a skimmer sock (with Zip Ties..I love zip ties) to the return jet so it would catch anything that bypassed the filter, and ran the filter for a long while. I was shocked at how much the filter was "missing". I got a new skimmer sock, attatched it to the return, added more DE and let it run for another long while.......
There was almost nothing in the skimmer sock. I was amazed again!
So, now I have proven to my husband( who hates the pool) that DE does improve the filtration of a sand filter, and he thought I was crazy for putting it in there.

Thanks, edbson, for the report!

There are many who swear by the DE, and others who don't see a difference at all. Glad to know it worked for you! Perhaps the folks who don't see a difference have sparkly clear water already, so there is nothing left for the DE to trap!

SeanB said:
poolio said:
i hear also that you can use bleach instead of chlorine tablets. What will they think up next?!??!!?

The last warning was the last warning. There is no reason for such rudeness. Apparently, you have your heart set on being banned, so I wil oblige.

Sorry you couldn't get along.

Sean

I was going to do a poll on the first person to get kicked off - but Poolio was the only option.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.