Control error; purifier off

May 7, 2010
Hello, I hope someone can help.

I've had this salt system for approximately 4 years now and have had no major problems until now. At the end of the season last year I noticed a flashing red light with "Control error; purifier off." I've had the pool people come out and take a look and this is what we've done thus far:

Reset the breaker, no help. Reset the system, no help. Called the pool guys out and they took the face off and checked voltages comining in and out. They reattached the face/control panel and my purifier started working. They chalked it up to a loose connection and went on their way. (I figured it would come back.) The next day, same thing. I also reset the same plug going to the control panel and got everything to work again, to have it only stop working 2 hours later.

I went back to the pool store to talk to someone and see if they had a new plug that I could order/use. The guys tried to help the best they could and let me use a control cable off an older, used system. Same problem a couple hours later. I again had AAA Pools come out to see if they could suggest anything else. He came up with changing the old circuit panel, thinking we could be getting a surge in power and knocking off the purifier. And it was cheaper than changing the control panel. I did that. No help.

After calling AutoPilot direct, those guys told me the same thing. That it's probably the control panel. So... I ordered one. I put it in yesterday.... It STILL fails. Same failure exactly.

I don't want to call those guys back out again, pay them the service call, and still be in the same boat. Has anyone seen this problem? Or can anyone help me resolve this. :rant:

To anyone that's interested.....

I ended up having to replace the mother board of the system. A couple of those light blue capacitors had suddenly decided that they weren't going to cooperate any more. The had a slight bluge to their top. ( I guess that indicates they're bad).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.