Having doubts about my pH testing!

I've added over a quart of 31.45% at one time, albeit very slowly and I only added a portion of that at a time in front of four different returns. I've done this several times with no consequence.

With 14.5% acid you add a little more than twice as much as the usual concentration to get the same effect.

The issue with adding acid is that you don't want to bring the PH down below 7.0 at any time. If you are not familiar with your pool it is best to add small amounts and see what effect they have. If the effect is small then use more next time. Keep in mind that the amount of acid needed will vary with the TA as well as the PH change you are aiming for. Becuase that is difficult to calculate many people recommend going in small steps. But once you are familiar with how your pool reacts with the TA level you typically maintain then you can safely go in larger steps.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.