concrete pool deck paint and sikaflex

PoolCleanerMom

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 26, 2009
SF Bay Area (Lamorinda), CA
I assume all concrete pool deck paints are not created equal - anyone want to post the good/bad/ugly about ones they've worked with.

Also replacing the expansion seal is in our future - what places have the best prices on Sikaflex, it's not a common item in any of our local hardware stores.

Thanks!

I buy the SikaFlex SL at Home Depot. It can be found over in the masonry section. The quart (?) tube runs about $12.00 and it goes pretty far (the info on "coverage" on the tube is pretty accurate). Really easy to use, even if you haven't done it before, and much cheaper than having the 2 part mastic done by someone. Post back if you need direction on how to do the job (I know it is on here somewhere already also).

Pool deck paint requires great prep. Paint isn't my favorite, and you will have to redo it from time to time, so make sure you are ready for all that is required before you commit!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.