Scaling in the heater

I bought my new house/pool last Aug, and when I closed down the pool in the fall, I discovered major scaling on the inside of the salt cell. I've gotten things under control with the water balance and cleaning up the cell, but now that's got me wondering about scaling inside the heater. I see no evidence of scaling anywhere else in the pool or pool equipment, but I've read on several occasions that the copper pipes inside of heaters are prone to calcium deposits. Is there any way to check this out myself, or do I have to call a professional?

ph

If you aren't having a problem, don't worry about it. In most cases the SWG is the first place to see scaling, so problems inside the heater are unlikely. And even if there is a little scaling in the heater, it won't hurt anything and would be fairly difficult to remove. All in all, it is best not to mess with it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.