Pump motor seal replacement?

May 7, 2010
Really need help! Contractor replaced stock motor and reduced to 3/4hp. Overheated and kept shutting off. I asked him to come and remove it and take it back. He did and left all the bolts and screws, plates, etc. in a pile. I went and picked up a 1.5hp replacement motor to make sure the original pump motor is replaced correctly. Also picked up a seal and white ring with rubber cover (all in one box). Does anyone have a close up diagram of the sequence or direction to put the ring and seal in? I looked all over on the web and could not find a close up or written sequence. I am coming into this having never done it before.

If anyone can share advice on this I would be very grateful. We are having a party tomorrow and pool is out of commission and needs to be vacuumed.

J. Litvany, Oakton, Virginia
17K Gallon, Vinyl liner, Pentair FNS Plus DE Filter, Pentair Challenger 1.5HP Pump, Heater

I reviewed this before posting. I just cannot tell where to start. I have the motor, with the plain threaded shaft, then a seal plate (square to mount the pump housing to the motor. What is the sequence and where would I start on the Pentair Challenger 1.5hp?

Thanks,
JL

Welcome to TFP!!

If you have a Hayward SuperPump, I could do it blindfolded & thereby,give you 'step by step' instructions (actually, I have done that and will link the inf, if you need it :cool: )

Let me know what problems you have, and I'll 'walk' you through it :cheers:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.