Oddball aeration question

Grape Ape

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 12, 2009
Seattle, WA
I just picked up an electric air pump to fill up pool toys and it got me thinking about aerating. I have an in-floor cleaner so the usual eye-ball tricks won’t work.

I think the pump would put out too much air, but I bet I could hang a hose into the skimmer basket and get it to suck a little air into the system via the venturi effect. My question is would a small but constant amount of air going through the system break anything? Do I need to make sure the heater stays off?

It would be a pretty small amount of air since I don’t want to hear it (otherwise I’d use the spa blower).

Air introduced into the plumbing before the filter will normally get trapped in the filter, eventually significantly reducing filtering ability, and not provide very much aeration. If you can introduce air after the filter then it should be fine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.