Time to finally put salt in the pool...maybe

Melt In The Sun

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Oct 29, 2009
Tucson, AZ
Hi SWG experts,
I have a Aqua-Rite SWG with T-Cell 15. We drained and refilled when we bought the house, so the salt level is only 500 ppm, so the SWG has just been sitting there dormant.

I've read a lot on this site about cell sizes, and I'm wondering if the "15" means that it's sized for a 15,000 gallon pool. Mine is 11,200 gallons. From what I've read, I get the impression that the cell size recommendation comes from how much FC the unit is capable of generating at 100% over 24 hrs. I don't have an owner's manual for the unit, and a google search didn't clearly answer the question.

Basically, I am worried that what I have will require me running the pump 18 hrs/day with the generator on 100% to produce sufficient chlorine. Please tell me I'm wrong! :?

Otherwise I'll just take it out, sell it, and buy a liquidator.

You'll be more than fine. T-CELL-15 is the biggest one they make. I have a 15 and my pool is about 25k gals. Works fine and seems to keep up with no problem. I ran my FC higher than necessary last summer as I was figuring things out with my new pool, and it only required about 40-50% along with 12-hr pump run time, 8am - 8pm.

Here's something I just found in my Aqua Logic owner's manual. This should make you feel better.

Cell Type Selection
The Cell Type Menu appears after “Display Salt/Minerals” in the Chlorinator Configuration
Menu. The options are T-CELL-5 or T-CELL-15 (default). Make the proper selection based
on the electrolytic cell that is used in your system. For pools up to 20,000 gallons, the TCELL-
5 is typically used. The T-CELL-15 is for pools up to 40,000 gallons.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.