Dry ground =cracks under pool liner

May 19, 2008
gulf coast of Texas
We put a good layer of sand down to level the area and then the blue tarp on top. walking around in the pool today brushing it...I felt a couple of dips when running the push broom along the bottom. Used my foot to feel and there are good sized cracks in the ground under the pool. Will this hurt the liner? I haven't filled the pool totally up yet..but really don't feel like draining it and taking the thing apart to fill the crack or move the pool. the cracks are about 3 inches wide and maybe about 8 inches long...give or take.

You might want to re-think your base area, as one should never rely on the sand to create your level base - sand can shift considerably during wet or dry conditions. The ground should be level and as compact as possible before the sand goes down as the sand is just for "cush" under the Intex pools. Is there any possibility of placing it on some sort of concrete pad or patio block base, then putting the sand on that? I know it's a hassle once you have the pool filled but if the ground under the pool is getting large cracks I would be nervous about damage too.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.