Waaay NW MN
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I now have all my items, new liner, Gorilla Pad, wall foam, foam cove and a SWG, sitting in boxes where UPS and FedEx left them by the front door. Our weather guy says it could be 10 days to 2 weeks before we get decent enough weather to install anything. I guess I'll just leave it all boxed up as is until then or I'll have a huge mess. Isn't that the way it always goes - hurry up and wait.

Look at it this way, Atleast you don't have to clean it.
I was leary on the pads and cove. A couple installers told me they do shift and settle and leave gaps in area's.
Might want to use that gorilla duct tape. Atleast check it can be used.

Pool-creetin said:
Look at it this way, Atleast you don't have to clean it.
I was leary on the pads and cove. A couple installers told me they do shift and settle and leave gaps in area's.
Might want to use that gorilla duct tape. Atleast check it can be used.

Oh we will probably do some sort of "overkill" tactic to secure everything that involves duct tape - it flows in my DH's bloodstream so it's gotta be used whether we like it or not.

I do like the Gorilla Tape product a lot, that stuff works for everything! I actually keep it in my saddlebags when horseback riding to use on my Thoroughbred's front hooves when we end up unexpectedly riding on a lot of gravel if he isn't wearing his Cavello Boots - we keep all our horses barefoot and he has tender fronts. That stuff doesn't budge off his hooves through mud, sand, rock and water until we get back and then I have to cut it off. Secure a pool product with it and it won't go anywhere.

Good luck when the time comes, hope you don't have to wait much longer! I don't envy your position right now, patience is not one of my virtues!

BTW, thanks for the help yesterday, you really helped to clear it up for me. I always seem to end up with stuff no one else has ever heard of...

Yay!!! It finally stopped raining last night after days and days of cold and rain. Today will be near 70 so at least I can get the old liner out and maybe look at getting the foam on the walls, maybe even smoothing out the sand to get the Gorilla pad down. Low-mid 70s tomorrow but alas family rolling in for a reunion thing so can't get the liner in unless we drop it over the sides and let it start filling just about the time we have to be next door at the in-laws at noon-mid day during the best sun and warm weather? I guess it can probably wait for Sunday, low 70s with mostly sun. Hard to manage this as the DH is now on midnight - 8am shift too and the helpful son is in school until nearly 4pm - Ugh!! Patience is not my long suit either - I want to get things rolling and be at the water testing stage!!

I miss my pool so much, we almost always have the pool open by the last week of April, even if we can only clean it and look at it with anticipation for warmer weather. So I feel for ya! Once it's all back in, I'll once again feel like all is right with the world.....

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well today there was no sun and a few sprinkles so I didn't rush to get the liner in. Yesterday was perfect but with a family thing a no go on pool work. Got upright caps, top rails, plates, top track, skimmer and return removed and liner unhooked. I found where our real damage was on the liner. It actually came apart in at least 10 spots right at the top seam of the cove. There were a few spots that the ice has made holes but the seam splits were crazy. There was actually about 2" of water in the lner yet so had to try and pull that out from one end to the other to drain - not an easy task to do all alone. Some of the sand will need to be removed since we had an 8" sand cove and we sure don't need a full 2" of sand along the bottom. THIS will be a job for the teenagers who became mysteriously absent when I wanted to work on it today! Tomorrow I'll get that sand moved away from the walls, install the wall foam and they can be removing sand from the pool all together. Once it's out, the Gorilla pad goes in, foam cove goes in. Tuesday is set to be beautiful 78 and sunny. The liner gets dropped and hopefully water goes in. Waiting is killing me here!!!!

I had been out there since 8 this morning pulling out the vapour liner and moving sand away from the walls/bottom rails. I'll need some young people muscles to go out and help lift the old liner out of there and shovel some sand out - we had about 6.5" of sand cove and a bit over 2" of sand on the bottom which we no longer need - lots of shovelling to do! That is my only holdup to getting everything in for the fill to start. Wall foam, floor pad and foam cove shouldn't take long at all once that is out. I'm guessing IF I can get help and get those done early today, I should probably put that liner out in the sun to soften. I just can't guess if it will be ready for the liner today. Waiting waiting waiting!!!

Re: Hurry up and wait to re-install replacement liner, <PIX >

I am SOOOO tired - pooped out. The pool is not ready for the liner yet, but so close. With two young men, one's girlfriend and myself, we got the sand shoveled out down to 1" with a bit of a dish on the bottom and smoothed out level with NO footprints, wall foam in, Gorilla pad almost done - it needs a bit of a trim at one end. Tomorrow trim that floor pad, put the foam cove in by 8:30-9:00 and then hopefully that darned liner by 11pm. I have to leave at 2pm for an appointment so I can't even guess if I can get my son to help me get to that point. Do I dare start filling and leave? Unless my son keeps an eye on it, nobody would be watching for 1.5 hours till my other son gets home at 3:30 and I would be home about 4:30. We have sun on the pool until just about 7pm.

By the way,the wall foam was an absolute *&%^$ to install - it took longer to install than shovelling out all that sand. Man, just trying to avoid bubbles where there are dry spots - 4 cans of adhesive they recommended for our pool size was not enough and my son had to drive 20 miles round trip to town for another can. I do absolutely LOVE the way that Gorilla pad feels on the floor. Without seeing it except in the ads, I really thought it would be like at little thicker than landscaping fabric consistancy but its really cushy and feels just like a great big THICK felt or wool blanket. I have saddle blankets for my horses made of stuff like this. Very nice. No duct tape need for the Gorilla pad - it is all one piece - no taping sections together like Happy Bottom. Pre-sewn with a double seam at the factory down the center - otherwise no other seams. That is one HUGE woolly blanket on my floor bottom!

Edit: Pictures added - 1) how the pool looked these last 6 seasons. 2) just before removing the ruined liner 3) today - wall foam and Gorilla Pad in

Attachments

• 100_1649.jpg
    100_1649.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 195
  • 100_1647.jpg
    100_1647.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 195
  • 100_0493.jpg
    100_0493.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 195
Today was not a good day. I went out at 7:30am to put the foam cove in and spread out the liner for warming. Once the sun came around I started trying to hang the darned thing myself. This is almost a no can do situation. I finally got it in straight and then had to leave for a doctor's appointment. Got back at 4:45 and tried to start getting the stablizer rail on top - this is a headache and a half. The original instructions are so vague and I'm pretty sure we did something so wrong the first time we set this pool up so it's no surprise that it's not going well this time either. So the liner was in all afternoon and still no water because I can't get the metal stablizer rail/track correctly on top of the liner. It appears that our wall is arcing in a strange way on the long wall between the oval uprights. Grrrr! Tomorrow I wont get at it until around 1pm. The Gods are conspiring against me!!!

Putting the new liner, cove and floor in was supposed to be my DH and two teenaged boys Mother's Day gift to me! Ha, I've done about 90% of it myself. They can all make their own supper tonight - Mom is crabby.

Tomorrow I have to drive DH 200 miles to get his new Harley so you better believe he is going to be doing MOST of the work when we get home. I told him we HAVE to be home by 1-2pm so I can get water in that liner!!

Well, caught a break and DH has someone else to bring him to get his bike so I can work on the pool. Here is a picture I took at 6:30 this morning of the liner in so far as I try to get the stabalizer rails on correctly.

Attachments

• 100_1651.jpg
    100_1651.jpg
    197.4 KB · Views: 144

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.