Where can I buy potassium based electrode storage solution?

Lazyman

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Mar 25, 2009
NJ
I see it online but I'm having difficulty finding it locally. I didn't want to wait for delivery, but now I';m thinking maybe I should have already ordered it and it could come sooner than I find a local place to buy it. I've called a couple of pool stores and nurseries and nothing yet.

Do I need this solution to clean my orp and ph sensors? I was told to soak them overnight, then bleach and water 1-5 ratio for 5 minutes afterwards. thanks. Getting ready for the new year. They've been sitting in their pool water caps over the winter, inside my house.

Who told you to clean the sensors that way? I don't know all the ins and outs of sensor cleaning, but that certainly isn't the standard cleaning procedure. Normally you clean the sensors with a mild dish soap/distilled water solution and a soft toothbrush, and then rinse in distilled water. I don't think that using something as strong as 1-5 bleach-water is a good idea at all.

Seemed like good advise, and probably still is. I just may be using it wrong. I appreciate all advise given to me here.

This is the reply from "Disable orp for better performance outcome" thread-

"Strong work. Everyone has given you great advice.

I would add this:

1). Don't adjust your setpoint yet.
2). Wait at least 3 days between adjusting ORP setpoint and then don't move it more than 30 mC either direction.
3). With time your mind will get the hang of the ORP numbers.
4). Keep your ORP probe and pH probes CLEAN.
5). I am not sure if you will need to, but I calibrate my pH probe every 1-2 months.
6) If things get crazy: remove ORP and pH probes and soak overnight in a potassium based electrode storage solution, shock pool, dip the ORP probe in a 1:5 solution of bleach and water for 5 minutes and reinstall everything.
Good luck

Lee"

So, should I just use the Dove soap and toothbrush/distilled water? Btw, the sensors looked clean to me, but I am not knowledgable enough to know what "dirty" is on these things. Same with my supercell. It looked very clean, but I did the muriatic cleanse on it anyway, at closing last year, in case I missed something.

thanks

Ah, I remember that. Note the preface to that suggestion: "If things get crazy".

I assume you are just doing a routine annual cleaning before reinstalling. So all you need is a non-abrasive soap, distilled water, and some gentle pressure from a soft toothbrush.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.