LifeTime Supporter
May 27, 2007
Fayetteville, Arkansas
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
What could cause my FC number to still register high after brushing the entire pool. I applied the initial dose of bleach to the specified shock level, rechecked and brought it back up to shock. Now the last few times I've checked it the FC level is very hot pink (high). It appears there is no consumption of FC. Combined is < 1ppm.

CYA 50
Ph 7.2
TA 60

Ideas?

I have the FAS-DPD kit and the two scoops of 870 turn the sample hot pink as in lots of FC in the water. Over night test shows no loss which is weird and the water is clearing. Still lots of algae on the floor and side walls which is typical at opening. I started the opening/clearing process two days ago.

The intensity of the pink color you get after adding R-0870 doesn't tell you what the FC level is. You need to count the number of drops of R-0871 that it takes to turn the sample clear.

I very much doubt that your FC level is still exactly the same as what it was. On the other hand, it is perfectly plausible that your FC level is still very high. With CYA around 50 you are going to lose between 40% and 60% of your FC level every 24 hours. If FC started at say 20, it could easily still be 10 or even 15, both of which are high.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.