added sodium bromide to my salt water generator pool OOPS

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 7, 2010
Brownsville, TN
I use Autoclear Plus SWG. I had a yellow or brown algae problem. was recommended "the yellow stuff" (98% sodium bromide) to my pool to treat it. It seems start to work, but I did not know i converted my chlorine pool to bromine. I HAVE NOT RUN MY SWG SINCE I added 18 ounces of sodium bromide to 25,000 gallon pool then added 2 lbs. of shock the same day and 2 lbs of shock the next day. Is that enough to make my pool start producing bromine if I turn my SWG on and start sanitizing. If so, how the heck do I get the sodium bromide out of my pool. I know there about the same, but bromine will not hold up in hot sunny days, and the chlorine will. This is my second salt cell, I dont want to overuse it producing enough chlorine to activate the bromine (or something like that) anyway, I know the salt cell will have to work harder. What can I do to get the bromide ions or sodium bromide out of my pool without draining it. I am not going to put any more sodium bromide in. Will that starve it or am I screwed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.