could it be algae

Prepooler

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 31, 2009
Newnan, Georgia
Hello_Our pool has something on the bottom of it not a lot just a few spots here and there.I think it could be algae,my husband says he thinks its just dirt.The water is clear but when I brush the bottom of the pool and brush over this stuff it makes a small cloud.All of our numbers seem good except maybe cc it is .5.The stuff looks yellowish/greenish to me but I do have trouble with colors sometimes.I have cleaned the filter and vaccumed and can't seem to get rid if this.Could it just be ditr that I am missing help please.

Might be algae, or it just may be where dirt accumulates in the depressions in the liner. To see if it could be algae check the following:

1. Is the water clear or cloudy? If it is cloudy that could be algae.
2. Do you keep the correct FC level as per your CYA? If you are inconsistent or run lower than recommended FC you could be on the verge of an algae bloom.
3. Have you tested the water lately? Do you seem to be using more chlorine than usual? Might be algae. Do an overnight FC test to see if your FC holds overnight. More than 1ppm drop in FC indicates a need to shock.

I get a lot of tree debris in my pool so I can vacuum it clean one day and the next day it looks like I never vacuumed at all! All the fine dirt accumulates in the same depressions in the pool floor.

Prepooler said:
test yesterday were
fc 4.0
cc .5
ph 7.5
ta 70
cya 30
I know we need to bring the cya up a little but i thnk we are ok on the others.Isnt the fc plus the cc your tc and if that equals your goal ok?
I suggest you leave your CYA level where it is until you determine whether or not you need to shock.

FC + CC = TC; however, your GOAL is FC as listed in the Chlorine/CYA chart.

Did you do the overnight FC loss test?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.