Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Cell Inspection Reminder

1. Back To Top    #1

Cell Inspection Reminder

I have a Hayward Swim Pure Plus T-CELL-9 SWG that is almost a year old. Up until November I was getting a flashing indicator to inspect the cell on a regular basis, approx every 3 months. According to the manual the reminder/flashing indicator will occur after approx 500 hours of operation. The flashing indicator hasn't come on since about November. And of this date, I know for sure the pump has been running more than 1000 hours. Other than that, the unit is producing chlorine and seems to be working fine. Any ideas? Is a service call recommended? Unit is still under warranty.
    15x30 IG vinyl liner pool, pool cage
    Hayward S-220T high rate sand filter and Hayward super pump w/1hp motor
    Hayward SwimPure Plus SWG
    Polaris 380 cleaner and booster pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Cell Inspection Reminder

Depending on how cold it has been, the cell might have turned it's self off for much of that time because of the cold.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

It's cell hours not pump hours that determine the light coming on.

As Jason suggested, perhaps the cell hasn't been energized for the 500 hours yet
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)

4. Back To Top    #4

Jason and waste
    I was unaware the cell turns itself off. Although I live in Florida, we had a very cold winter and early spring, so the cell could have definitely been off for a long period. My water temp is just hitting 78 degrees. I appreciate the information.
    15x30 IG vinyl liner pool, pool cage
    Hayward S-220T high rate sand filter and Hayward super pump w/1hp motor
    Hayward SwimPure Plus SWG
    Polaris 380 cleaner and booster pump