is it possible for outlet ports to get clogged?

May 6, 2010
Tulsa, OK
For starters, I have a salt setup with a Sta-Rite cartridge filter. Admittedly, I'm a pool simpleton (and new poster) but I think my setup is clogged past the filter. My cartridges are new this season and clean, or clean enough, but my pressure is around 35 consistently now and I have little output to my waterfall and jets + Pool Pilot says Check Flow. From what I can tell, I'm getting good suction from both the skimmer and main drains. I can only think I've got a clog after the filter system/between the oulet and the salt cell or the cell and the feature/pool valve. FWIW, the cell is clean and so is the strainer basket. Any ideas? Thanks, everyone! This is a great forum by the way.

*I've got an appt. to have someone take a look next week but if I can fix myself, I'd rather not waste the money :-D

What has changed since you noticed the low flow?

You can completely remove the filter cartridge to see if that makes any difference.

I would not sure out a suction side blockage just yet.

Have you played with different settings - diverting flow only to the waterfall - only to pool, etc.

Post a photo of your equipment pad if possible. It might help.

lborne said:
What has changed since you noticed the low flow?

You can completely remove the filter cartridge to see if that makes any difference.

I would not sure out a suction side blockage just yet.

Have you played with different settings - diverting flow only to the waterfall - only to pool, etc.

Post a photo of your equipment pad if possible. It might help.

Honestly, nothing has really changed since I noticed it. Water is murkier than it should be, if that is what you mean. And I've tried different settings to no noticeable effect. I'll try removing the filters to see if that helps and get a pic of my pad up when I get home.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.