How quickly do SWG's generate chlorine?

run53

LifeTime Supporter
May 4, 2010
I am curious as to how much chlorine my SWG (My Blue Pool) can create on it's highest setting. I looked through the entire manual and could not find anything about the output of the generator. The reason I ask is that my FC is 1.0 and I want to raise it to 4.0 and want to know how long that would take. I suppose I could just turn it on and take measurements and then turn it down when it gets to the desired FC ppm, but I'm thinking there must be some formula out there.

Too many variables to calculate. How much sun your pool gets, CYA level, generator size, pool volume, salt level, bather load, existing algae among other things.

If you take the lbs/day output of a system, that is based on 24 hrs @100% output.
For instance, my SC-60 cell produces 1.92 lbs/day or 0.08 lbs/hr (1.28 oz/hr) at maximum output.

You need 1.3 oz to increase 1 ppm in 10,000 gallons (taken from typical chemical dosage charts, also used in the CPO training manual).

THEREFORE, and this is all theoretically as the other variables pointed out by John will affect this, you will need approximately 4 oz to increase 1 ppm in your pool (using 30,000 gallons because it's easier for me to calculate). So 4 ppm = 16 oz.

What is the output of the salt system you're using?

Reactions: mattrufus
The problem is he doesn't know what his output is. My IC40 would take about 12 hrs to go from 1 to 4 ppm, and your SWCG would take only 9 hrs. So if he has a SWCG that has an output similiar to ours, 1.4 to 1.9 lbs/day, then it will take about half a day give or take a couple of hours.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.