Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hello from AZ!

1. Back To Top    #1

Hello from AZ!

Hi All,

AZ Pool Boy here. Somebody named Buggs told me about this site. Actually, he came and knocked on the door, saying he saw my pool and gave me $5 to register! Not sure how he saw my pool over the fence but hey, five bucks is five bucks!!!

No, not really. But we did just complete our pool a couple of months ago, and are very psyched about it. We have a couple of young kids, and having a pool has really added to our quality of life. Especially, living out in the desert where's there's not a lot else to do! We've discovered that pool time is great family bonding time. Our kids are swimming like fishes now, and that's worth the price of admission right there. Plus, the pool makes a great focal point for yard.

So, this looks like a great site to hang out. I was previously at another site, but left after realizing that nameless, faceless, moderators that evidently knew nothing about pools, were filtering information on that site by silently deleting posts and entire threads. Plus the software was a throwback to the 80's. On the other hand, this site seems to have its act together and appears to be friendly, knowledgeable and well run.

I posted a shot of the pool in the "Show Off Your Pool" forum. Check it out if you like.

See you around the forums!
    AZ
    13,500 gls. i/g vinyl lined pool. 13 x 32x 5
    3Bs maint. "bleach, borax,baking soda", (unless on the lazy side, then throw some trichlor pucks into the rainbow feeder.)

2. Back To Top    #2
    Welcome to the forum!
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

3. Back To Top    #3

Good to see you here. Don't spend that $5 all in one place now, you hear? LOL!

I said it over in the "show off your pools" section and I'll say it again. That is a stunning pool.
    Buggs

14,000 gallon, in ground, plaster, free form, play pool.
    Sta-Rite Max-E-Glass with a 1.5 hp Emerson motor
    WaterCo Micron High Rate sand filter S750 490 lb, 4883 sq ft - using ZeoBest
    In floor Polaris cleaning system
    Blue Diamond robot for those after storm days when I can't wait overnight for the in floor to clean it.