This is my first post.
I'm handicapped and need equipment that is "easy to work with"

I need to buy a new pump for my Intex Frame Set 12 ft x 3 ft - 1700 gal

I currently have a Krystal Clear cartridge pump (800 GPH). My hoses are 11/4 in

Quality Inflatables is selling AquaQuick 1/2 hp sand:
http://www.qualityinflatables.com/game- ... -2-hp.html

Intex sells a sand pump:
http://www.amazon.com/Intex-100-Gallon- ... d_sbs_ol_1

(But 1 HP may be too powerful for my pool??)

The reason I like these pumps is because they will fit my 1.25 in hoses.

Has anyone purchased these pumps.

Are there any other recommendations?

Thx

If you are handicapped and need something easy to work with I would definitely go with a sand filter as it doesn't require you to bend down to scoop DE earth like a DE earth filter and cartridge filters need to be disassembled to be cleaned.

Since your pool is small, I think both of those are a bit big... unless you plan to upgrade in the future? If you prefer sand then the smaller 1/2 hp is the better choice.

However, you can get a 2500 gph Intex filter/pump combo for $99. A 6 pack of disposable cartridges will get you thru most of the season.

If you can handle hosing off the cart, Pleatco also makes cartridges to fit that size so you don't have to spend a ton on disposable cartridges, these are like bigger filter set ups where you soak/hose off and re-use them instead of tossing them after 2 weeks.

Cleaning a small cart like this is much easier than large traditional pool filter carts.

Thx PoolMom:

Gonna sound like a dumb question:
My hosing is 1.25 in , the 2500 gph pump listed is 1.5 in.
Are there adapters available to convert the 1.25 to 1.5?
Which would you recommend?

I usually get help opening the pump, but those black "plugs" which cut out the pump are a nightmare. (Even with two of us, they are a challenge)

Saw something called a "plunger" somewhere online. (Which replaces those black plugs)]
(I assume the plungers require 1.5 hose)

Once again thanks

I'm sorry Linda I'm not sure. I imagine there are adapters... perhaps check the Intex website. Maybe someone who has upgraded can tell you more. Lots of Intex users on the forum who have upgraded that can advise.

Pool Mom:
Think I'll just stick with 1.25 inch. Cuz I read the walls of the Intex may not be able to handle the weight and increased water pressure of a larger pump.

I'll probably invest in a robotic cleaner which won't add extra strain the pump.

My big deal is pollen and leaves. If I can control more of the debri, my pool will stay cleaner

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.