New to the TFP

Hello all, :wave: My name is Jason aka jeepdad and I am new to TFP but not forums. I have had my 27' above ground for three years now and am sooo glad I found this place. I am tired of taking water samples to the local pool store and paying too much for everything. I will be ordering a test kit this week. I will also be trying to get rid of mustard algae that I didn't eliminate last season, and also like to add a SWG.(next season)

SO I am sure I will have lots of questions of which I may find answers by searching, but that is part of the fun of forums IMHO. Thanks to the owner of this site for taking the time to make it happen and all who give input. :lol:.

I would also like to share some good design ideas that I had when installing. I did everything myself and recently got a new camera, so long intro but there it is :sleep:

dmanb2b said:
welcome :wave: and be warned...test in moderation...many here suffer from sparklypoolitis :goodjob:

Thats funny I have a knack for going "All Out" in anything I do plus I am a big "do it yourself" kind of person. Last week I finished up some mechanical projects on my jeep consisting of head gasket, water pump, oil pan gasket, and rear main seal. I did let someone do the machine work on the head surface and do the valves, but hey if I would have had the tools! :goodjob:

Thanks for the welcome I hope to be able to help others as well as receive it.

Welcome, jeepdad!! :wave: This forum was a godsend to me with a new pool last year...I started out right from the get-go (luckily!). You will LOVE that test kit and tinkering with the pool chemistry, etc. It's a blast and rewarding, too. We're all kinda mad scientists at heart. :mrgreen: Glad you're here!

jeepdad said:
Thanks for the welcome I just placed my order for my TF100. Cant wait for it to arrive. I know it's kind of crazy but I am really looking forward to learning all of this pool stuff.
Welcome to TFP :wave:
If you are like me you will have to get the magnetic speed stirrer. I makes testing a breeze :cheers: :cheers:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.