Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New to the TFP

1. Back To Top    #1

New to the TFP

Hello all, My name is Jason aka jeepdad and I am new to TFP but not forums. I have had my 27' above ground for three years now and am sooo glad I found this place. I am tired of taking water samples to the local pool store and paying too much for everything. I will be ordering a test kit this week. I will also be trying to get rid of mustard algae that I didn't eliminate last season, and also like to add a SWG.(next season)

SO I am sure I will have lots of questions of which I may find answers by searching, but that is part of the fun of forums IMHO. Thanks to the owner of this site for taking the time to make it happen and all who give input. .

I would also like to share some good design ideas that I had when installing. I did everything myself and recently got a new camera, so long intro but there it is
    AG, 27' round, 17,100 gallons, Sand filter, 3/4 hp pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New to the TFP

Hi Jason,

You have come to the right place

Welcome to the forum
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Hey, Jason. Welcome to the forum. Lot's of nice folks here.
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks for the welcome I just placed my order for my TF100. Cant wait for it to arrive. I know it's kind of crazy but I am really looking forward to learning all of this pool stuff.

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by jeepdad
    I know it's kind of crazy but I am really looking forward to learning all of this pool stuff.
    Nah, not crazy. For me it's a way to keep the "tinker" genes happy in a way that's actually useful to the family.
    --paulr
    BBB "Intermediate Swimmer"
    IG plaster pool 18.5K gal, Hayward Pro-Grid DE filter, 3/4 HP Hydramax II; Polaris 380, 3/4 HP booster
    AG spa 325 gal, probably Sundance of some kind
    Water testing instructions on one page

6. Back To Top    #6

welcome and be warned...test in moderation...many here suffer from sparklypoolitis
    24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

Pool School, TFTestKits, Pool Calculator

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by dmanb2b
    welcome and be warned...test in moderation...many here suffer from sparklypoolitis

Thats funny I have a knack for going "All Out" in anything I do plus I am a big "do it yourself" kind of person. Last week I finished up some mechanical projects on my jeep consisting of head gasket, water pump, oil pan gasket, and rear main seal. I did let someone do the machine work on the head surface and do the valves, but hey if I would have had the tools!

Thanks for the welcome I hope to be able to help others as well as receive it.

8. Back To Top    #8

Welcome to TFP!
    10K gallon IG gunite with waterfall; Pentair CC320P filter; WhisperFlo 2 HP pump
    TF Test Kits - Pool Math - Pool School
    "It depends."- JohnT

9. Back To Top    #9

Welcome, jeepdad!! This forum was a godsend to me with a new pool last year...I started out right from the get-go (luckily!). You will LOVE that test kit and tinkering with the pool chemistry, etc. It's a blast and rewarding, too. We're all kinda mad scientists at heart. Glad you're here!
    7,000 gal. IG gunite, SWG, PebbleSheen interior finish-Aqua Blue, 8' vanishing edge raised 16-jet overspill spa, 2 12" waterfalls, tan shelf with bubbler.
    Pentair equipment: Easy Touch 8, Intellichlor IC-40, Intelliflo VF 3050, 2.5 hp Whisperflo spa pump, 1 hp Whisperflo water feature pump, Quad 100 DE filter, Master Temp 400 heater, Legend Platinum Cleaner (3/4 hp pump). Autofill, TF-100 Test Kit w/salt and borate strips.

Pisces Pool Build

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by jeepdad
    Thanks for the welcome I just placed my order for my TF100. Cant wait for it to arrive. I know it's kind of crazy but I am really looking forward to learning all of this pool stuff.
    Welcome to TFP
    If you are like me you will have to get the magnetic speed stirrer. I makes testing a breeze
    5,775 gal, IG free form, Beach Series Antigua by Marbletite Pebble finish, 2 swim out benches, Sheer Descent, IG Fountain, Dolphin / Mermaid Statues, StaRite Dura- Glas 1.5hp pump, Hayward Pro Series Sand Filter replaced with Hayward Pro-grid DE4820, Aqua Rite SWG with T-Cell 15, Polaris 360, Pentair 300w Light upgraded to Pentair IntelliBrite (OMG what a huge difference) , Heat Siphon Heat Pump DX 5.0 109,000 btu, Pool Cage, 1800sq ft Tremron Estate Pavers, solar cover, TF-100 test kit, Pentair Deck Jet, Apollo Magnetic Stirrer (Makes testing a breeze), Aquatherm Ecosun Solar Panels 192 sq ft with GL-235 Controller,Margarita Concoction Machine,
    Pics of our Spool ( Social Pool) being built Solar install Outdoor kitchen upgrade