Fiberglass Pool--Sunken Area?

Jul 3, 2007
Louisville
Today was our first swim day and I noticed that at the deep end of our fiberglass pool there is a spot about 3 feet in diameter that seems to have sunk in. It's like a sink hole. I would say it's about 4 to 6 inches in depth. It was definitely not there last summer. We do have a lot of ground water in the wet months. Our drywell stays pretty full during this months. In the summer thought, it stays dry for the most part. Is this a major concern? The side walls are fine--no bulges.

I

That could be a serious problem, at least if it is what I am imagining it is. It is possible for underground water movement to wash away the soil underneath the pool. This is very rare, but if it does happen that part of the pool will no longer be properly supported. If it covers a large enough area and is deep enough the fiberglass can rupture from the weight of the water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.