More questions about new TF-100 kit

I have few more questions about my new TF-100 kit:

1) In the instructions, some tests say to mix, others say to swirl. Can I just swirl for all tests, or does "mix" really mean to put the top on and thoroughly shake/mix for that particular step?

2) If I know roughly what my TA or CH will be, can I put a bunch of drops in to start with, swirl thoroughly, then finish by doing one drop at a time and swirling in between each one?

3) Tonight, for the first time that I've noticed, I discovered tiny purplish-colored "flakes" or particles in the solution while testing for CH. I believe this first started when the solution was phasing through purple, just before turning blue. Have you guys ever seen this, and does it mean anything in particular?

Thanks,
Phillip

1. The only one to shake is the CYA test....swirl the others.

2. You didn't hear it from me, but you can raidly add several drops and then slow down as you get to the roughly known result. Taylor really doesn't encourage you to do that and it can sometimes skew the reults, I think, but I've had pretty good luck with it.

3. Those flakes are documented in Taylors description of interferences and I believe are a result of iron in the water but I can't remember for sure. They can be ignored

I don't know as I'd call them "flakes" but I certainly see "floaties" and I've noticed that they persist for a few drops after the bulk of the water has turned blue; but eventually they either turn blue or go away.
--paulr

PhillipH said:

1) In the instructions, some tests say to mix, others say to swirl. Can I just swirl for all tests, or does "mix" really mean to put the top on and thoroughly shake/mix for that particular step?

2) If I know roughly what my TA or CH will be, can I put a bunch of drops in to start with, swirl thoroughly, then finish by doing one drop at a time and swirling in between each one?

3) Tonight, for the first time that I've noticed, I discovered tiny purplish-colored "flakes" or particles in the solution while testing for CH. I believe this first started when the solution was phasing through purple, just before turning blue. Have you guys ever seen this, and does it mean anything in particular?

Thanks,
Phillip

Phillip,

24 ft round pool $2000.00
pump filter and accessories $500.00

Magnetic stirrer for drop tests -priceless!!

Kenerator said:
PhillipH said:

Thanks,
Phillip

Phillip,

24 ft round pool $2000.00
pump filter and accessories $500.00

Magnetic stirrer for drop tests -priceless!!

The magnetic stirrer is so awesome. I recommend everyone who can get one. It will make testing so much easier and I actually have fun doing it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.