Time to take the plunge

alski4

Apr 17, 2010
Plant City , Fl
Well the process has started. :goodjob: We will be having a 14X28 inground with a spa. It will have a pebble sheen interior. As we are in Florida and the mosquitos are as big as planes it will be screened.
We are in the second week of waiting for permits :grrrr: so the only pics I have to post is of the area where it will be built.
Any comments or suggestions will be appreciated.

beforebuild002.jpg

Welcome to TFP :wave: There are a lot of great people willing to help you. Please post what the specs and pool equipment will be and someone will be able to better advise you. Look at out pool build in the signature bar to get some ideas :cheers: :cheers:

Welcome to the forum :wave:

We are always excited to see another build.

When you talk about your mosquitoes, I am so jealous of the screen rooms everyone in Florida has! :rant: :mrgreen:

Make sure to post lots of pics for us! :-D

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I see in your signature that you'll be installing a 1.5 HP pump, which is kind of big for your pool. You might think about downsizing to a 1 HP, also consider a 2 speed pump as well to help save on the electric bill. My pool has a 1 HP pump, and I think it's too big :( Good luck with your build and keep the pictures coming :goodjob:

You know that pipe they used to pump down the ground and rain water in the bottom of the deep end? It's called by a bunch of different names depending on the area: deadman, dry well, well point, etc.

Make sure they leave it in, and extend it off to the side somewhere and cap it. You will need it if you ever have to drain the pool for repairs and or re-plaster (hopefully many years away).

lbridges said:
You know that pipe they used to pump down the ground and rain water in the bottom of the deep end? It's called by a bunch of different names depending on the area: deadman, dry well, well point, etc.

Make sure they leave it in, and extend it off to the side somewhere and cap it. You will need it if you ever have to drain the pool for repairs and or re-plaster (hopefully many years away).

Yeah they are going to leave the well point in.

Your light in the pool looks like it may be facing towards the house. If so you may want to consider moving it so that it faces away from the house. We learned the hard way and wished it was placed facing away from the house. :(

Brentr said:
Your light in the pool looks like it may be facing towards the house. If so you may want to consider moving it so that it faces away from the house. We learned the hard way and wished it was placed facing away from the house. :(

I thought about that too. Im going to talk to the Pb today about it today. I want the deep end lit well , so I might be stuck where it is.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.