Time to take the plunge

They are shooting the shell as I type. :goodjob: Ill post more pics when their done.

shootingthegunite003.jpg

shootingthegunite002.jpg

shootingthegunite001.jpg

Oh thanks a lot Alski :wave:
It's not much to cherries if you consider the time it has taken.

I will check in on your thread tomorrow. It's past midnight here and another work day is waiting around the corner.
I wish you the best of luck with the gunite and I hope you/we get to swim real sooooooooon! :cheers:

Not much happening today. I came home for lunch today and found a couple of guys cleaning up some of the debris. I had been told that they were going to grade for the deck today so I expected somebody to be here. When I got home I noticed that they had not done any digging. No biggie I thought , must have got tied up on something else. I walked out after dinner just to look around and noticed that I could see the flex pipe through the wall of the spa. I'm not a construction expert , but this has me a little worried!! Is this normal ? I called the construction manager , but it is 8pm so I really didn't expect a answer. I'm supposed to drop off a payment tomorrow , but Im not going to until this is resolved. I need some of the pros on here to chime in and let me know if this is a big deal or not.

On a good note I just ordered my TF-100 test kit!!

pipeinspawall3.jpg

Pipeinspawall2.jpg

Pipeinspawall1.jpg

Thats pretty sloppy . I guess it depends on how that wall will be finished, as to if it will be ok.They should strip off the other form work to be sure it is not that bad all around. Dont make any "draw" payments if that payment is based on the gunite being complete. The gunite hose man should have seen this , and realized the flex was positioned wrong. That work is unaccepptable, and as such I think you should hold payment .

Just got a call back from the construction manager. He said that he was out with the two guys and saw the same thing. He assured me it will be fixed before payment. One of the guys had cut himself pretty badly and they left to go to the ER or more would have been done today. All of the other forms had been removed from the spa except for the ones you can see in the picture. Everything else looked ok. I feel better about it now.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Now is the time to consider running extra electrical outlets, in each corner of your screen, water outlets both inside and outside of your screen in all four corners, plumbing and electrical for future outdoor kitchen, electrical smoker :whoot: needs a 20 amp dedicated outlet. If you are handy you can do all of this while the ground is torn up. Make sure you have at least a 100amp sub panel so that you can tie in your electrical. I tied my water outlets to the sprinkler system's water supply. Do not skimp on these as you will regret not having them :hammer: . I have 6 extra water spikets and 13 extra electrical outlets set up on 20 amp breakers and I need more :shock: :eek: . You will need to plan for big spot lights both inside and outside of the screen for the times you need to see at night and plan for landscape lights both inside and outside. Also plan on water and electrical outlets at the pump equipment pad and big lights to see at night. You can never have too many of these things. DW is always finding things to plug in especially at christmas and special ocassions. Ahhhhhhh I see another project in the making and it includes adding more electrical outlets :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

:cheers: :cheers: Hope this helps.....

I had special metal panels put in each corner of the screen enclosure so as to have something to bolt the water spickets and outlet boxes. My screen person did this at no extra cost. See our pool build in the sig bar.

Short of the heat pump and SWG the plumbing was fininshed. The air blower also needs to be installed. I think that basically the rough plumbing is finished and holding pressure so that the plumbing inspection can be done. The tile and deco drain was also installed.

may28003.jpg

may28008.jpg

may28004.jpg

may28002.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.