Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Time to take the plunge

1. Back To Top    #1

Time to take the plunge

Well the process has started. We will be having a 14X28 inground with a spa. It will have a pebble sheen interior. As we are in Florida and the mosquitos are as big as planes it will be screened.
    We are in the second week of waiting for permits so the only pics I have to post is of the area where it will be built.
    Any comments or suggestions will be appreciated.

13,200 gal. ig w/6' octagon spa , Aquapure SWG with Aqualink controls , Jandy EE 2000T heat pump ,Jandy DE48 filter , Jandy 1.5 plus pump ,Polaris 1hp qt blower (spa), Jandy LED lights, Pebblesheen finish (aqua blue) My build http://www.troublefreepool.com/time-...ge-t20601.html

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Time to take the plunge

Welcome to TFP There are a lot of great people willing to help you. Please post what the specs and pool equipment will be and someone will be able to better advise you. Look at out pool build in the signature bar to get some ideas
    5,775 gal, IG free form, Beach Series Antigua by Marbletite Pebble finish, 2 swim out benches, Sheer Descent, IG Fountain, Dolphin / Mermaid Statues, StaRite Dura- Glas 1.5hp pump, Hayward Pro Series Sand Filter replaced with Hayward Pro-grid DE4820, Aqua Rite SWG with T-Cell 15, Polaris 360, Pentair 300w Light upgraded to Pentair IntelliBrite (OMG what a huge difference) , Heat Siphon Heat Pump DX 5.0 109,000 btu, Pool Cage, 1800sq ft Tremron Estate Pavers, solar cover, TF-100 test kit, Pentair Deck Jet, Apollo Magnetic Stirrer (Makes testing a breeze), Aquatherm Ecosun Solar Panels 192 sq ft with GL-235 Controller,Margarita Concoction Machine,
    Pics of our Spool ( Social Pool) being built Solar install Outdoor kitchen upgrade

3. Back To Top    #3

I just posted what I had off the top of my head for specs in my signature. I haven't calculated the gallons yet , however I know that it will be 14X28 with a depth from 3 to 6 feet deep. Also the spa will be a 6 foot octagon.
    13,200 gal. ig w/6' octagon spa , Aquapure SWG with Aqualink controls , Jandy EE 2000T heat pump ,Jandy DE48 filter , Jandy 1.5 plus pump ,Polaris 1hp qt blower (spa), Jandy LED lights, Pebblesheen finish (aqua blue) My build http://www.troublefreepool.com/time-...ge-t20601.html

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome to the forum

We are always excited to see another build.

When you talk about your mosquitoes, I am so jealous of the screen rooms everyone in Florida has!

Make sure to post lots of pics for us!
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

It has to be screened to enjoy it , also I have a pond right behind my property so they breed like crazy!!!

6. Back To Top    #6

Well, the permits have been approved. Should have a site meeting with the construction supervisor this week!!

7. Back To Top    #7

We got a call today from the builder. I am meeting the construction manager on site tomorrow at 10am to finalize everything. Hopefully they willl start with in a week. YEAH!!!!

8. Back To Top    #8

Got your cameras & cam corders ready?
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

9. Back To Top    #9

Met with the builder today. They should start digging next week Oh yeah , I have the cameras ready!!

10. Back To Top    #10

The pb came out today and staked out the dig area today. He said that if the weather holds out they will do the dig on Monday afternoon. Heres a few pics...

11. Back To Top    #11

I see in your signature that you'll be installing a 1.5 HP pump, which is kind of big for your pool. You might think about downsizing to a 1 HP, also consider a 2 speed pump as well to help save on the electric bill. My pool has a 1 HP pump, and I think it's too big Good luck with your build and keep the pictures coming
    12,800 gallon IG plaster kidney-shaped pool, waterslide, 800 gallon spa.
    1HP 2 speed Sta-Rite pool pump, 1.5 HP Sta-Rite spa jet pump. 2 skimmers, 1 main drain
    Purex-Triton TR-60 325 lb.sand filter. 2" Plumbing, Intex SWCG, TF-100 test kit.
    Link to pics of my pool! http://www.troublefreepool.com/my-oasis-t26558.html

12. Back To Top    #12

Dig was done today. It was going pretty good until the monsoon came!! The guys busted thier butt and ended up finishing today. Rebar to be laid tomorrow. Here's a few pics.

13. Back To Top    #13

Rebar was installed today. The county will be inspecting tomorrow. Should be shot Thursday.

14. Back To Top    #14

You know that pipe they used to pump down the ground and rain water in the bottom of the deep end? It's called by a bunch of different names depending on the area: deadman, dry well, well point, etc.

Make sure they leave it in, and extend it off to the side somewhere and cap it. You will need it if you ever have to drain the pool for repairs and or re-plaster (hopefully many years away).
    Geometric 16X36', 16K gal, shotcrete, exposed aggregate plaster, acrylic coated concrete deck/cantilever coping;
    Pentair equipment suite (EasyTouch w/wireless, 2 Intellibrites, Intelliflo VS-3050, C&C 200 Filter, IC-40 SWG);
    Heliocol solar panels, Rocky's Roller, Blue Diamond robot

15. Back To Top    #15

Quote Originally Posted by lbridges
    You know that pipe they used to pump down the ground and rain water in the bottom of the deep end? It's called by a bunch of different names depending on the area: deadman, dry well, well point, etc.

Make sure they leave it in, and extend it off to the side somewhere and cap it. You will need it if you ever have to drain the pool for repairs and or re-plaster (hopefully many years away).

Yeah they are going to leave the well point in.

16. Back To Top    #16

Your light in the pool looks like it may be facing towards the house. If so you may want to consider moving it so that it faces away from the house. We learned the hard way and wished it was placed facing away from the house.
    5,775 gal, IG free form, Beach Series Antigua by Marbletite Pebble finish, 2 swim out benches, Sheer Descent, IG Fountain, Dolphin / Mermaid Statues, StaRite Dura- Glas 1.5hp pump, Hayward Pro Series Sand Filter replaced with Hayward Pro-grid DE4820, Aqua Rite SWG with T-Cell 15, Polaris 360, Pentair 300w Light upgraded to Pentair IntelliBrite (OMG what a huge difference) , Heat Siphon Heat Pump DX 5.0 109,000 btu, Pool Cage, 1800sq ft Tremron Estate Pavers, solar cover, TF-100 test kit, Pentair Deck Jet, Apollo Magnetic Stirrer (Makes testing a breeze), Aquatherm Ecosun Solar Panels 192 sq ft with GL-235 Controller,Margarita Concoction Machine,
    Pics of our Spool ( Social Pool) being built Solar install Outdoor kitchen upgrade

17. Back To Top    #17

Quote Originally Posted by Brentr
    Your light in the pool looks like it may be facing towards the house. If so you may want to consider moving it so that it faces away from the house. We learned the hard way and wished it was placed facing away from the house.

I thought about that too. Im going to talk to the Pb today about it today. I want the deep end lit well , so I might be stuck where it is.

18. Back To Top    #18

How about the side of the pool? Just a thought.

19. Back To Top    #19

I have mine facing the house and it really does not bother me.
    13,000 Plaster IG Pool approx
    Hayward C5030 Cart Filter
    Emerson 1081 EB653 1.0 HP 1.40 S.F. 3450 RPM
    Pool Calculator, Pool School, TF Test Kits

20. Back To Top    #20

I havent had a chance to talk to the pb yet , however I dont think we can put it on the side. The side facing away from the house has the spa on it. The good thing is that where it is now will face a bedroom not the living room.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast