You're fired!

Richard320

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jan 6, 2010
San Dimas, CA (LA County)
Vacation is over, so it is time to fire the pool service.

I was awaiting the bill (always gets here first every month) so I could pay him off and add some severance pay. But I decided to forgo the goodwill gesture when I saw this jewel besides the usual monthly charge:
Annual conditioner charge is billed once per year - every April. $75
$75 for what?? My CYA is already at 140 due to the continuous use of pucks in a floater by him and the previous homeowner! It was 220+ until I started pumping and diluting with rainwater. I don't know how he decides how much "conditioner" to put in anyway - all I've seen them use is test strips.

I wrote the check, called and left him a message on his voicemail, and put a note in with the payment stub. So now I'm on my own. Just me, my TF100, The Pool Calculator, and you guys. With what I'll save this month, maybe I'll order a couple TFP T-shirts.

Does this pool need more chemicals? I think not.[attachment=0:2t6pfvwj]Dsc00226.jpg[/attachment:2t6pfvwj]

Attachments

• Dsc00226.jpg
    Dsc00226.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 371
I think you're reading that wrong. That charge is to pay for him leaving the Air Conditioner running in the van while he adjusts your water! You don't want him having to get in a hot van do you??? :sun:

You'll be much better off doing it yourself. :goodjob:

Melt In The Sun said:
What are the purple flowers behind the pool?
I haven't a clue. They were here in October when we moved in. My wife may have identified them, I'll ask her tonight when she gets home. All we've planted is a cutting from a family heirloom Geranium (which I know from Grandma's house, my aunt's, my mom's, and my sisters' will thrive anywhere no matter how bad the soil and how much neglect) and some tomatos at the other end of the patio.

Getting a much needed laugh for the day with this thread, Richard (or should I call you "The Donald")!! :lol: :lol: "Annual Conditioner Charge", boy that's a hot one. :hammer: I'm still wiping tears from the corners of my eyes from giggling. It's sad though, really for people who don't know better. You're in great hands here at TFP! Rock On!! :cheers:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Richard320 said:
Vacation is over, so it is time to fire the pool service.

I was awaiting the bill (always gets here first every month) so I could pay him off and add some severance pay. But I decided to forgo the goodwill gesture when I saw this jewel besides the usual monthly charge:
Annual conditioner charge is billed once per year - every April. $75
$75 for what?? My CYA is already at 140 due to the continuous use of pucks in a floater by him and the previous homeowner! It was 220+ until I started pumping and diluting with rainwater. I don't know how he decides how much "conditioner" to put in anyway - all I've seen them use is test strips.

I wrote the check, called and left him a message on his voicemail, and put a note in with the payment stub. So now I'm on my own. Just me, my TF100, The Pool Calculator, and you guys. With what I'll save this month, maybe I'll order a couple TFP T-shirts.

Does this pool need more chemicals? I think not.[attachment=0:38norzvx]Dsc00226.jpg[/attachment:38norzvx]

That pool looks great! But that might actually be a credit to your service guys :whip:

;)

Just for grins you should contact them and say the CYA measurement has not changed since their "Annual addition" last week and you want to know how much they put in the pool. Demand a refund! :rant: :mrgreen:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.