Salt Water Generators

Assuming your water is balanced, cell life will be directly related to how much you have to run the unit to meet your chlorine demand. It's really hard to make apples-to-apples comparison of cell life between different pools.

If you have a long season and a big pool, your control unit will have to work the cell much harder -- and you won't get as many seasons out of it.

I have an aqua-rite SWG sufficient for a 35K gallon pool, even though my pool is only 11K gallons. I run my pump 12 hours/day, with the SWG activated 25% - 30% of the time to maintain FC around 6 - 7. That means my SWG is really only running 3 hours daily. With a season running from May - October, I hope to get many seasons from this cell.

BTW, I purchased the aqua-rite two seasons ago to replace an EcoMatic unit that was nothing but trouble. Best decision I ever made for this pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.