Topsoil is good for pools, right!? (now with photos!)

I think his ad just said something like, "Need topsoil? $150 for 10 yards delivered." and a phone number. No mention of business name or anything. I've passed the info onto my attorney. He'll let me know what the next move is.

Vacuuming to waste has been relatively unsuccessful. At this point, the leak has continued to let the water drop past the light and down toward the main drain. I have about a foot left in the shallow end and about 4 foot left in the door end, so I'm cleaning the walls and corraling the dirt to the pump, which is passing everything from the main drain into waste. What a mess.

I'm hoping I can get it cleaned up by today so I can start refilling to find my leak.

It's down to about the last 6 inches now. It's going through the pump, but the dirt is dilluted enough now that I don't think it posses a danger.

Once it's all clean, I'm going to acid wash the gunite, take out and re-seal the light (that has water in it, so it's been leaking a while) and then proceed to re-fill.

The mess is clean! I ended up renting a water hog from home depot for $40, which took all of the old nasty muck out of the bottom and left me with a completely clean basin. It's refilling right now.

I also think I found the leak. In the bottom where the main drain was I could see little bubbles with the water level low. I fished around in there with my fingers and I could feel a little half moon shape. I pushed on it to close it and the bubbles are gone. I assume this was the cause of the issue. Perhaps a secondary drain? Either way, it doesn't appear to be bubbling now and the water is filling back up.

While I had the pool down, I had a buddy of mine come over and acid wash it. Most of the dark brown stains are now a light pink. He said the chlorine should get the rest of these off over time, assuming no one else dumps friggin soil in my pool!

The last update on this: My lawyer said it wasn't worth pursuing, even in small claims court. Basically, the time and costs it took me to remedy the problem myself wouldn't even cover my filing fees. Thus, I dropped it. Pool is clean, so no need for vengence.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.