Deck Jet Suggestions

themilkman

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 22, 2010
After going back and forth on our water feature we decided to go with Deck Jets along the back of the pool. I've searched through the threads but haven't found what I am looking for so I figured I'd get some recommendations.

The Pentair Magic Stream Deck Jets with the (5) interchangeable heads.

- Who has them and are they worth the extra money over the standard fixed stream Jandy's?
- How are they holding up long term? I'm scared of sinking something in the concrete that may not work later.
- Do you change streams a lot or just decide on one anyway, and what stream do you like best?

No one will be walking on this side of the pool so the exposed face of the changeable design should be ok.

Anybody have negatives with deck jets, especially with a Saltwater pool?

I got ours for $22.00 on ebay :-D Look at out pool build in the signature bar. We like the ball that has 3 streams. They seem louder that the sheer descent and the dolphin statue :-D
Hope this helps :cheers: :cheers:

Thanks, your pool is very nice. Love the in pool fountain, my daughter would love that.

This is what I'm looking at purchasing, wondering if anyone here has any experience with them.

Pentair%20Deckjet.JPG

themilkman, I apologize :( I thought that I had updated our pool build. I will have to do this today. To answer your question, we have the identical deck jets. I added one later. I have it on a pentair never lube valve and can adjust the jets to any angle and height. I have not tested it out on full pressure but I do know it will shoot at least 30 ft high and 30 ft long. :-D I am attaching pics. Hope this helps :cheers: :cheers:

DSCN9191.jpg

DSCN9196.jpg

DSCN9193.jpg

DSCN9192.jpg

DSCN9190.jpg

Perfect, just what I was looking for. I was starting to wonder if the statue was what you meant for deck jets.

So from the installation manual it does not show that large plastic ring you have around yours. Is that standard or something you added. I love the water pattern but we are looking for something that is not really visible on the deck. The other style has the brass caps and mount flush and you barely see them but have only the one stream option.

I had the ones that mount flush on my pool in SC. My biggest complaint is that they leaked a little. Hard to say if it was an installation or equipment issue. I used the 3 stream almost all of the time it was the least offensive for those swimming in the pool when they were on. They are easily changed. Otherwise you would be clobbered by water when swimming by with a couple of the others. I had mine in all 4 corners of my pool. You can see the two front ones leaking slightly.

Attachments

• pool2.jpg
    pool2.jpg
    238.6 KB · Views: 397
themilkman said:
Perfect, just what I was looking for. I was starting to wonder if the statue was what you meant for deck jets.

So from the installation manual it does not show that large plastic ring you have around yours. Is that standard or something you added. I love the water pattern but we are looking for something that is not really visible on the deck. The other style has the brass caps and mount flush and you barely see them but have only the one stream option.
The large plastic ring came in the package. I am looking inside my box and it appears that there are a couple of ways to install it. There is also an option to have it flush mounted in the deck but you would have to have this done when you are laying out the plumbing. Hope this helps :cheers: :cheers:

whoozer said:
I had the ones that mount flush on my pool in SC. My biggest complaint is that they leaked a little. Hard to say if it was an installation or equipment issue. I used the 3 stream almost all of the time it was the least offensive for those swimming in the pool when they were on. They are easily changed. Otherwise you would be clobbered by water when swimming by with a couple of the others. I had mine in all 4 corners of my pool. You can see the two front ones leaking slightly.

That is exactly what I am worried about. Once they go in concrete no turning back. What did your PB say about fixing them?

Thanks for all the help to both of you, exactly the info I was looking for and great too really see them in action.

A whole lot of nothing that I can do about it. He came out 2x to "fix" them, then claimed it was a manufacturer issue and never heard from him again. They didn't leak a lot, 2 of them didn't leak at all, it may have very well had to do with the pitch of the concrete and how the jet was placed into the concrete, since mine were plumbed from the start?

whoozer said:
A whole lot of nothing that I can do about it. He came out 2x to "fix" them, then claimed it was a manufacturer issue and never heard from him again. They didn't leak a lot, 2 of them didn't leak at all, it may have very well had to do with the pitch of the concrete and how the jet was placed into the concrete, since mine were plumbed from the start?
That is why I did my own. I have no leaks but it does not look as nice as plumbed in concrete. We dont care as the price was right for us :cheers: :cheers:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.