shocking your pool

ok so I have been reading this site in and out for the last week.. really great info.. its at the top of my bookmarks. I should be getting my tf-100 kit tomorrow and I am going to address a chlorine loss issue i am having.
I noticed on the pool calculator when i shock to 24 fc it will increase my salt by 36. Is this 36 ppm? The reason I am asking is my salt control module is reading 4000 ppm right now which circupool says isnt that high..but everytime i go get the water tested they say they are getting like 5000 ppm..and they say thats way too high..So what do you guys think? Is this high?? and also what do you suggest I shock my pool with to keep from adding salt?or if thats possible?

Ignore the salt buildup from liquid chlorine. It is just not very influential.

Importantly, do not shock with an SWG. The shock process rapidly introduces a high level of chlorine into your pool. It's important that it be rapid and an SWGH simply cannot do that.

I can't comment on the accuracy of the salt testing you have been getting. We always encourage folks to do their own testing and not depend on a pool store.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.