how are the floating pool lights?

Some of them are quite good. We have an 18 x 36 foot oval and the floating light seems to light up about half of the pool. The only problem we had was our daughter surfacing directly under the light and hitting her head. After that we gave up on it.

Yeah, I am looking for useful light and I don't care too much for the lights that hang on the side of an AG pool. The GlowBuoy looks like it would fit the bill, but seems kind of expensive for what it is. Also, I'm not sure how often we would really use it since I would also have to figure out some way to control the mosquitoes before we do any night swimming. However, GlowBuoy looks like it could pull double-duty as a camp light or when the power goes out.

new floating light

Speaking of disco. I saw a new floater that had a light show and a water display that shoots out of the top like a fountain. Anyone have one of these? The kids saw it and thought it would look really cool.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have had my glow buoy for going on 3rd seasons. We love it! It could easily be used for a camp light or when power is out. It lights our 18x36 very well and when fully charged lasts alot longer than we care to swim at night!

i have them and they are ok. only problem i have with them is they tend to float towards the side of the pool and stay on the side. i fixed that by tying a fishing line to it and put a little weight and let the weight sit on the bottom and they usually stay put until someone swims through them.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.