CL Free system, what is your experience?

May 3, 2010
I am in need of unbiased help. We have yet to dig the hole for our fiberglass pool (two weeks away), and need to clear something in my mind. We had planned to install a Goldline Salt Water Generator system. But then I spoke with a pool builder, not mine, an he was head over heels with the CL Free system. Stamped concrete and a Hydramatic auto cover system, to say the least, are my concerns when using the salt gen system. What is your experience? www.chlorinefreeusa.com is the website. I don't want general info, I need specific reason to use this or not to use the CL Free.

Thank for the help!

Sandy

6Sandman5 said:
I don't want general info, I need specific reason to use this or not to use the CL Free.

Welcome to TFP.

What do you want in the pool when somebody carries biological material (use your imagination) into the pool, metal or chlorine? Chlorine, bromine and biguanide are the only approved sanitizers.

That system appears to be a combination of ozone and copper. It is not safe to use without also using chlorine because it doesn't provide any sanitizer in the bulk pool water. If you have to use chlorine anyway, you might as well go with chlorine only.

The salt in a SWG pool will not pose any problems for the stamped concrete. There have been occasional reports of issues with automatic covers and salt. Most of the covers on the market have already been redesigned to avoid problems with SWG pools. If you are worried, I believe that adding a buried zinc anode connected to the bonding system should be enough to avoid any risk.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.