Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: CL Free system, what is your experience?

1. Back To Top    #1

CL Free system, what is your experience?

I am in need of unbiased help. We have yet to dig the hole for our fiberglass pool (two weeks away), and need to clear something in my mind. We had planned to install a Goldline Salt Water Generator system. But then I spoke with a pool builder, not mine, an he was head over heels with the CL Free system. Stamped concrete and a Hydramatic auto cover system, to say the least, are my concerns when using the salt gen system. What is your experience? www.chlorinefreeusa.com is the website. I don't want general info, I need specific reason to use this or not to use the CL Free.

Thank for the help!

Sandy

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: CL Free system, what is your experience?

The other builder is head over heels with the large margins they get. It's a slightly glorified Eco-Smarte style system.

See these:

ionizer-and-ozone-t14558.html?hilit=Ionizers

alternative-sanitizers-and-chemical-free-pools-the-truth-t3025.html?hilit=Ionizers

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by 6Sandman5
    I don't want general info, I need specific reason to use this or not to use the CL Free.
    Welcome to TFP.

What do you want in the pool when somebody carries biological material (use your imagination) into the pool, metal or chlorine? Chlorine, bromine and biguanide are the only approved sanitizers.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

4. Back To Top    #4

That system appears to be a combination of ozone and copper. It is not safe to use without also using chlorine because it doesn't provide any sanitizer in the bulk pool water. If you have to use chlorine anyway, you might as well go with chlorine only.

The salt in a SWG pool will not pose any problems for the stamped concrete. There have been occasional reports of issues with automatic covers and salt. Most of the covers on the market have already been redesigned to avoid problems with SWG pools. If you are worried, I believe that adding a buried zinc anode connected to the bonding system should be enough to avoid any risk.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

can you explain how exactly to add the zinc anode to the system? i am planning a pool and i want SWG and a cover, and want to avoid any potential corrosion problems.

thanks!
    20x47' double roman vinyl liner pool. Pentair EasyTouch 8PSC-IC40, 011018 Pentair IntelliFlo, Pentair Clean & Clear Plus Filter CCP420, Pentair 120V IntelliBrite LED, Cleardeck indeck solar reel, 530 sq' solar system Polaris 9300xi robot, Interfab Turbotwister slide, S.R. Smith T7 diving board, deck jets vinyl-liner-pool-build-in-ontario-canada-new-pictures-t30213.html

6. Back To Top    #6

There was some discussion in this topic.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School