Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: What Hayward lights fit SP601 Niche?

1. Back To Top    #1

What Hayward lights fit SP601 Niche?

My Hayward SP59HSL light has taken a dive. The white insulator around where the halogen light plugs in is deteriorated to the point it no longer holds the bulb in. I have only been able to find this particular light at a couple of online vendors but was wondering if there were other Hayward options that fit the Hayward SP601 niche. I have an email into Hayward but thought I'd give this wonderful forum a try.
    ~25000 gallon free-form in-ground plaster pool located in Tucson in full sun
    TFT-100 Test Kit
    Hayward DE4820 filter
    Caretaker system
    Hayward 1 1/2 HP Super Pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: What Hayward lights fit SP601 Niche?

I think any of the Astrolight II spa lights Hayward has as well as the Color Logic LEDs. Check for voltage and cord lengths.

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

3. Back To Top    #3

I am also starting to think that maybe this niche is supposed to be used for a spa? and it is installed in my pool?
    TFT-100 Test Kit
    Hayward DE4820 filter
    Caretaker system

4. Back To Top    #4

How big is the lens?

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

5. Back To Top    #5

I'll have to measure when I get home but I would say about 3-4" in diameter. It had the 250W, 120V halogen bulb which did a decent job lighting the pool. Its in the deep end and the shallow end def. and bench had dark spots.
    TFT-100 Test Kit
    Hayward DE4820 filter
    Caretaker system

6. Back To Top    #6

I was able to dig through Haywards manuals and find these cheat sheets for the Astrolight and ColorLogic Lights versus Niches.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    TFT-100 Test Kit
    Hayward DE4820 filter
    Caretaker system