Cloudy pool

npholt1

LifeTime Supporter
May 2, 2010
Hello all,

I am a noob to the pool. Bought a house that has been empty for over 2 years and the pool started out as swampy mess.

I have managed to get the water a cloudy blue and particles floating in the water and heavier things slowly sinking to the bottom.

I was initially running the pump approx 18hrs a day, shutting off to allow stuff to settle, vacuum, repeat. Now I have been running it 24/7 the last couple days and of course cleaning as needed.

My numbers are decent (when compared to the TFP recs) and I will post today's results later on.

Should I be doing anything more or just continue my filtering, brushing, and vacuuming and maintaining chem levels?

Thanks

As long as the water is improving day by day, then just keep doing what you are doing now. If you feel like the water isn't getting even a little bit better each day then there are some things you should check on. From what you wrote, it sounds like everything is moving along normally.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.