Sand filter identification help

May 2, 2010
I was wondering if anyone could help me identify my sand filter. It came with the pool when i bought the house last fall and i need to look for parts... or maybe even a new one. Its apprx. 24 inch diameter and here are some pics. Im new to pools so anything could help out.

Attachments

• ilter.jpg
    ilter.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 122
  • iltertop.jpg
    iltertop.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 119
That first picture is a little close to tell anything about it but the second pic certainly looks like a Waterway filter.

When you answer FPM's questions we'll know more whether to recommend repair or replacement.

The pool is a 18 foot and 48 inch walls. I a Hayward 1hp sp1580. I just want to be able to match the pump to the filter. I hear that usually a main issue. I don't have the filters measurements on hand but it was at least 24 inch diameter.

Im pretty darn sure that it is a Waterway filter now. It has to be 2001 or prior due to the clamp style 26 inch. The main issues i have is that the clamp is broken and it looks like a 40-50$ replacement part puls the valve assmble is broken down by where it clamps. right above the rubber ring. Plus i dont know if there are any laterals. So i guess my question now would be do i buy parts and fix it or by a new sand filter all together.

Attachments

• filter2.jpg
    filter2.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 55
  • filter1paint.jpg
    filter1paint.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 55
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.