liner lifting in ground pool

May 28, 2009
south jersey
First post here hope some one can help I have a true L pool 18-41-16-28 Started draining water off cover at night when I got up the next day my pool dropped 2 feet had hole in cover , took cover off noticed liner in corner of deep end had come out of track about 2 feet.. Crease in liner from deep end into shallow end and wrinkes and air bubbles under liner...
When pool was installed 3 years ago water tabel was 6 foot so they installed a well point under deep end 2 foot under the deepest part of pool. So today I hooked up my 2 hp pool pump to the well point with a valve so i can bypass when the problem gets fixed anyway started pumping water out from well point and the water behind liner in deep end started to drop,after 2 hours off pumping water out pump started to get air in line. I then shut off pump and noticed that all the air was out and water from behind the liner now I am left with wrinkles. I was told that now I have to drain the pool to work the wrinkles out then fill back with water ... The liner does not have any rips was in pool looking today, so what do I do pool company said I need a liner reset at 1000 dollars ... I think my brother and I can do it ourselfs ... Any help would be greatly appreciated.... Thankyou .....

Forgot we had record amounts of snow this year so I am sure thats what caused the lifting water tabel was extremly high this year... It will only post 3 pics I have alot more

Welcome to TFP!

It is likely that you can do this yourself, but it is a fairly physical job. Success depends on just how bad it is. You can shift the liner a little bit at a time with a toilet plunger, push towards the liner and then pull away and slightly to the side in the direction you want to move things. Depending on how extensive the wrinkles are, that might be simple or daunting. The liner can also be pulled back into the track with some effort. This is easiest to do on a very warm sunny day.

If you post a picture we can give you a better idea of how practical it is.

Be very careful. Do not lower the pool to less than a couple inches at the shallowest point. Use a sink plunger as a suction cup to Gently work the creases to the sides.

Note that there is tension on the liner where the return fittings, skimmer, light (if equipped) and drain are attached.

If you must lower the water further, a suction source will be needed. A small but powerful shop vac inserted roughly midway of the longest wall, behind the liner and sealed with duct tape should provide enough assuming you don't need to go more than a foot below the shallow end depth.

Refill as soon as possible!

Scott

Well my brother and I worked on the pool last night heres what we did .. Hooked up my 2 hp pool pump with a valve to my well point and started to pump the water out from under the pool liner . After about a hour all the wrinkles started to disappear with the help of our bare feet just started to work the wrinkles to the corners of the pool. When we could no longer move the liner I shut the pump off and let the water build back up under the liner then staretd agaign after 3 hours of doing this every wrinkel and crease is out.. Then I used a hair dryer to heat the linen in the corner and with two sets of hands it was back in the track.... Plungers did not work no were as good as bare feet the trick is to have water under your liner at least in my case.. I then filled my pool back up with the water from the well point with my pool pump, If it ever happens agaign I have the pump already in the plumbing with a valve to do it agaign...

Thanks for the help you guys saved my family a 1000 dollars for the pool company to do a liner reset

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.