Salt left over after winter?

spiazza

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 20, 2009
Berkeley Heights, NJ
Is it possible that the salt level in a pool at opening can be 3500? I would think all the rain and snow we had in the North East this past winter would have diluted the water and therefore the salt.

My goldline SWG display is reading 3500. I haven't measured with a test strip yet for a more accurate reading.

Possible? Sure. Likely, not so much.

You should give the SWG 24 hours to get a good reading, if you haven't already. Most of them average the display over the last 24 hours, and can wander around a bit when first turned on after a long time being off.

Agreed, unlikely. Mine was at 2100 in the mid-Atlantic when I opened a month or so ago. I would get some new, fresh test strips and double check if the reading doesn't settle down.

Salt test strips are very sensitive to moisture. Usually that means they go bad from humidity in the air in less than a year. But if they have been stored well sealed and were not opened very often in high humidity they can last quite a while.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.