Calibrating a Goldline Aqualogic SWG

Lee L.

May 2, 2010
My SWG is acting up - salt reading way low - and I will post a specific question on how to calibrate it. I had added too much salt before I manually checked it with test strips. Its back to 3000 ppm now (manual testing) but the SWG reading is 1200. I have always been diligent about keeping it clean. There is no scale now, nor has there ever been. I am hopeful that recalibration will do the trick, but need instruction in how to calibrate it.

Thanks in advance for your reply!

It isn't really a calibration but it simply replaces the average salt level with the instantaneous level.

Here is the procedure but the SWG must be in the running mode

Go to the diagnostic menu
Press right button to show the cell display menu (if not running, press +)
Press right button again until it shows the "Instant Salt"
Press the + button, this will replace the average with the current salt level

Given that you recently added/removed salt, the fluctuations could be due to uneven mixing of the salt. It might take a couple of days to fully mix up so you might just watch it over the next couple of days.

However, a failing cell usually reads low salt levels. How long have you had the cell?

Test strips have been known to give low readings at times. For example on my pool, the SWCG reads 3000 ppm and the salt test strips read above 3600 ppm. You might try and find a pool store that can check salt levels for a third data point. For example if the store gets a reading of 1200 (or near it) then I suggest you are running into issues with the salt test strips.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.